Characteristics Of Maternity Pads And Matters Needing AttentionDiaPeAdm0802
Maternity pads are sanitary napkins specially designed for mothers. Because mothers will have lochia after delivery and are at a stage where infection is likely to occur, the requirements for sanitary napkins are higher than usual. Therefore, the maternity pad is specially designed for mothers and can meet the needs of mothers. So, what are the characteristics and precautions of maternity pads?
Features of Maternity Pads
- Maternity pads can reduce the chance of maternal allergies, and the texture is relatively soft, which can reduce damage and prevent postpartum infection. Skin contact will not cause allergic or other toxic reactions, and minimize postpartum pain.
- The body of the maternity pad is relatively light and thin, which will not bring any burden to the mother.
- The structure is mainly produced by the combination of convenient use and patient safety needs.
- Maternity pads are different from ordinary sanitary napkins, which can easily deal with lochia in different periods.
- The maternity pad is a disinfectant-grade product and can be used with confidence.
Precautions for using maternity pads
- When using the maternity pad, the mother should replace the soiled nursing pad on time to keep the skin dry and clean.
- Before changing the nursing pad, mothers should wash their hands to avoid bacterial contamination.
- Women who are allergic to non-woven fabrics and wood pulp cotton cannot use the maternity pad. If the skin feels uncomfortable, please stop using it and consult a doctor.
- Maternity pads cannot be used with heating appliances such as electric blankets.
- Maternity pads should not be stored in a high temperature and humid environment, and should also avoid direct sunlight.
The difference between nursing pad and maternity pad
There is not much difference between nursing pads and maternity pads. Maternity pads are a kind of nursing pads and are essential hygiene products after childbirth. Nursing pads include many types, including those for babies, the elderly, and those for pregnant women, and they come in different sizes, thick and thin. The maternity pad is a nursing pad specially used for the puerperium of puerperium. Because there are more lochia during the puerperium, especially one week after giving birth, the maternity pad is wider and thicker than the general nursing pad, and has better water absorption, which is conducive to the observation of postpartum hemorrhage. amount and protect the sheets from lochia.
How to choose the maternity pad
Purchase method 1: look at the material
The most ideal cotton surface layer has high air permeability and is not easy to cause allergies, while the general fiber mesh surface is more likely to cause allergies.
Purchase method 2: Look at the absorptive capacity
The strong absorption capacity can lead the lochia into the product, and the ability to store the lochia is high, reducing the chance of leakage to both sides due to the lack of absorption.
Purchase method three: measure the anti-leakage ability
When the nursing pad is pressed and the body compresses the nursing pad to the middle, the sides of the nursing pad will still not leak sideways. It is best to choose a nursing pad that can prevent wrinkles, thereby reducing the chance of side leakage.