How do different diaper fibers affect your baby?DiaPeAdm0802
When you are shopping for diapers, you may not think about the different types of fibers that make up the absorbent material. However, the type of fiber in a diaper can make a difference for your baby’s skin. Some fibers are more likely to cause irritation and rashes than others. In this article, we will discuss the different types of diaper fibers and how they can affect your baby.
Why this matters?
Low diaper fabiers on the baby is generally affected, may lead to hip allergy caused by itching and erythema or urticaria. If more serious, may also cause diaper rash and red butt, can even cause skin ulceration.
In daily life, it is necessary to change diapers frequently to avoid the skin being in a humid environment for a long time, and every time after defecation, it is necessary to use warm water to clean.
Disposable vs. cloth diapers
1.The material and composition of diapers are different
Cloth diapers are generally divided into two parts: one is the pant cover, the other is the diaper, the main material is cloth. So it can be washed repeatedly, reused, and the diaper can be changed separately.The disposable diaper is made of wood pulp, and the absorbent part is made of floc cotton plus high molecular polymer. It can only be used once and cannot be used repeatedly.
2.Different air permeability
Cloth diapers should be made of polyamide membrane composite, polyamide membrane is a kind of material that is both water leakage and moisture permeability. The composite process should be made of hot melt adhesive composite, so it is completely environmentally friendly and will not hurt the baby. Effectively reduce the baby red butt situation. Production costs are relatively high.And the disposable diaper is the use of ordinary environmental protection film composite, generally with environmental protection glue to fit. In general, its air permeability is better than that of polyacylamine membrane.
3.Water absorption and dryness are different
The main material of cloth diaper is cloth,which can only absorb water, but does not have the function of gathering water, so the water absorption is limited, if the structure and material of the diaper is unreasonable, the liquid will be squeezed out from the diaper, so that the surface of the diaper reverse osmosis phenomenon. Diaper as long as the material is reasonable, structure. The surface of the diaper can also be dry, but the drying degree is not as good as that of the diaper.The absorption of disposable diapers is quite large, and because the diaper contains polymer, polymer has the function of gathering water, all the water can be firmly wrapped in the polymer particles. The water absorbed by the polymer will not leak out again. So you can make sure that the surface of the diaper is completely dry.
4. the product production process is different
The production of cloth diapers is completely dependent on the traditional sewing technology, which requires workers with sewing skills to complete, resulting in limited output of diapers, and because of the different technical levels of workers in different manufacturers, the production standards are different. There are many processes and many varieties of materials used in the production of cloth diapers. Due to too many human factors, the quality of diapers produced by different manufacturers is quite different.
Disposable diapers are fully automatic machine production, as long as the machine is properly adjusted, start the machine can be fully automatic 24 hours of production, the quality is exactly the same, the output is quite large.
The different types of fibers used in disposable and cloth diapers
Cloth diapers, traditional cloth diapers are made of bamboo fiber and cotton materials, especially pure cotton cloth diapers, wich have good air permeability, economy, durable, can ensure the baby’s skin dry; Bamboo fiber material is very popular, bamboo fiber diapers soft material, good air permeability, no hair, with natural antibacterial.
Most of the non-woven fabrics used in disposable diapers have certain semi-permeable membrane properties. The specific principle is very complicated. It is roughly through the micron-level ventilation holes to prevent the penetration of water molecules and ensure the smooth flow of the air, keeping the surface of the diaper dry.
(1) Surface layer: including surface non-woven fabric, anti-side water-proof cloth, the most important part of this part is to improve the air permeability inside the diaper, so that the moisture and heat emitted from the body can be discharged in time, so as not to cause damage to the diaper. It irritates the baby’s skin, causing conditions such as eczema and red buttocks.
(2) Absorbent core layer: It consists of wood pulp, polymer material, diversion layer, and wet strength paper. This layer is mainly used to quickly absorb, disperse and store urine. The material inside directly determines the amount of water absorption. The basis for determining the quality of diapers,
Therefore, when choosing diapers, large quantity is still an important consideration. After the urine is evenly dispersed through the diversion layer, the larger the amount of diapers, the longer the baby’s dry feeling will be, and the polymer material that absorbs moisture can also be kept as soft as possible. Especially for the night, a large amount of diapers can guarantee a longer sleep time as much as possible.
1.Today’s high-quality diapersfiberare mainly composed of polymer materials (also known as water-retaining agents or super absorbents, which are translucent beads).
Polymer water-absorbent resin is a new type of functional polymer material. It has a high water absorption function of absorbing hundreds to thousands of times of water heavier than itself, and has excellent water retention and water locking performance. Once it absorbs water and swells into a hydrogel, it is difficult to separate the water even if external pressure is applied.
Let’s first understand the materials needed for diapers:
1) Fluff pulp material: wood fiber (Southern pine) Main function: absorb and conduct urine, as a carrier for dispersing and fixing water-absorbing agent
2) SAP (polymer material) A typical functional polymer material is also called super absorbent polymer, super absorbent material, etc. Materials: polymers of acrylic acid and sodium acrylate Main function: to absorb and retain urine
3) Diversion layer material: non-woven fabric (PP/PE/PET) Main function: help the liquid to diffuse and improve the use efficiency of the absorbing core Can conduct urine, but not hold urine
4) Top film (hydrophilic non-woven fabric + three-dimensional anti-side leakage) Hydrophilic non-woven fabric: liquid can penetrate quickly and cannot be re-infiltrated. Three-dimensional anti-lateral leakage (hydrophobic non-woven fabric): block the penetration of urine , providing leg leak-proof capability
5) Material of the back film: polyethylene Main function: prevent urine from leaking from the back and prevent the clothes from getting wet
6) Elastic waist material: Polyurethane sponge Main function: to make the wearing fit and improve the leak-proof ability of the waist
7) Elastic thread material: natural rubber/spandex fiber Main function: to make the dress fit and improve the leak-proof ability of the legs
8) Hot melt adhesive material: synthetic rubber Function: make various materials into a whole
9) Tape material: PP + adhesive Main function: to form a closed system for the front and back waist, easy to put on and take off, can be repeated many times
How those fibers affect your baby’s skin.
Cloth diaper change frequently, a little attention, the baby’s skin is easy to soak in urine stains and stool stains, cleaning and airing conditions are not good, easy to breed bacteria.
Bamboo fiber diaper is a popular diaper that is used more frequently. It is soft, has good air permeability, has natural antibacterial function, is not easy to produce odor, easy to clean and so on. It is welcomed by mothers, but compared with cotton diaper, the price is higher.
Disposable diapers are convenient to carry, do not need to clean, easy to change, but the baby with allergic skin must change frequently, otherwise it is easy to cause the baby red butt and so on.
Which is better for your baby?
Cloth diaper diaper, because the main material is cloth, cloth can only absorb water, does not have the function of gathering water, so that the surface of the diaper reverse seepage phenomenon.
The water absorption of disposable diapers is quite large, and because the diaper contains polymer, polymer has the function of gathering water, all the water can be firmly wrapped in the polymer particles. The water absorbed by the polymer will not leak out again. So you can make sure that the surface of the diaper is completely dry.Cloth diapers need to be cleaned and can be reused, but this can save a lot of money, while diapers are disposable, more convenient, more expensive in the long run. Each has its own advantages, according to their actual situation and personal preferences to buy.
Different types of diaper fibers can have an affect on your baby. If you are using a cloth diaper, you may want to consider a fiber that is more absorbent. If you are using a disposable diaper, you may want to consider a fiber that is more comfortable for your baby.